Underground Mechanic (American Energy Corporation)
Position will troubleshoot all underground coal mining equipment, hydraulics, electrical, conveyor systems, and diesel transportation units. Will determine the type and extent of repair work needed on various types of mining equipment. Will determine seriousness of problems and estimates time to make repairs and obtain correct parts from warehouse. Will interpret maintenance manuals parts booklets, work orders, blueprints, schematics and hydraulic/mechanical prints. Maintain/repair pneumatic equipment. Will weld as necessary, operate hoists and perform work area housekeeping duties. Must keep work areas safe and observe all safety rules.
- High school diploma/GED and successfully demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Must have mining experience
- At least 2 years industrial maintenance experience is preferred
- Valid Electrical Card preferred
- Must be willing to work overtime
- Must be willing to work a rotating shift schedule
- Must be able to effectively communciate
Excellent wage and benefit package available, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription plans; Basic Life/ADD Insurance, Optional Term Life and Optional Accidental Life Insurance, Sickness/Accident Benefits and Long Term Disability plans, 401(k) plan with 3% employer matching contribution, vacation and holidays.