Underground Maintenance Supervisor (Marshall County & Ohio County Locations)
Manages all related maintenance activities on continuous miner sections to ensure high availability and high productivity of section equipment. Troubleshoots and maintains complex electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems. Plans efficient maintenance and preventive maintenance activities and procedures that safely maximize productivity and profitability of section operations. Works to ensure that all safety, maintenance, and cost objectives are met or exceeded for section operations. Communicates mine plans, changes and company policies and procedures to other supervisors & employees. Works with the Master Mechanic and Maintenance Planner to minimize downtime and develop and execute efficient maintenance activities. Communicates potential opportunities, which would improve the operation and any problems that would impact the running of a productive, cost effective, and safe operation. Work with the Supervisor of Human Resources to resolve industrial and employee relation issues, coordinate employee communications, and resolve conflicts and grievances. Works with Office Manager/Mine Clerk to make sure all payroll systems are correct. May perform the duties of the Shift Maintenance Supervisor on an as needed basis.
Must be an experienced underground coal miner.
- High School diploma and 3 or more years of related experience in mine operations and electrical & mechanical maintenance preferred; or processes a degree in engineering, electronics or a relevant industrial field and 1 or more years of experience.
- Requires working knowledge of coal mining operations; including safety, production, maintenance, and cost.
- Requires supervisory and management skills and experience.
- Requires special certifications, which may include Asst. Mine Foreman, fire boss, electrical card, rescue and first aid.
- Must possess effective verbal communication skills.
- Must be an experienced underground coal miner.
Excellent wage and benefit package available, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription plans; Basic Life/ADD Insurance, Optional Term Life and Optional Accidental Life Insurance, Salary Continuation and Long Term Disability plans, 401(k) plan with 3% employer matching contribution, vacation and holidays.