Coal Miner - Experienced & Inexperienced (American Energy Corporation)
DescriptionWill provide general unskilled labor as assigned by the supervisor. May include building brattices, setting posts and roof supports, cleaning up walkways, hanging curtains, and other duties as assigned.
- Ability to rotate shifts on a 24/7 basis.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of mine management and co-workers.
- Ability to lift bags of rock dust and operate rock dust machine.
- Ability to perform heavy labor, including the ability to move bags of concrete, mandoors, wood cribbings, water pumps, and roofbolts.
- Ability to set posts and roof supports and clean walkways.
- Ability to hang ventilation curtain and install waterlines.
- Visually inspect work area for hazards.
- Perform methane checks.
- Ability to perform fill-in duties for other workers as necessary.
- Able to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work approximately 400 feet underground 8-10 hours per day.
- Ability to lift floor-to-waist and waist-to-overhead.
- Ability to push/pull as needed.
- Standing, bending, step climbing, crawling, working overhead.
- Ability to hear instructions and audible warnings.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- OH 40 Hour or WV 80 Hour Underground Miners Training (completed within the last 3 years).
Excellent wage and benefit package available, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription plans; Basic Life/ADD Insurance, Optional Term Life and Optional Accidental Life Insurance, Sickness/Accident Benefits and Long Term Disability plans, 401(k) plan with 3% employer matching contribution, vacation and holidays.