Coal Miner - Experienced (Central City, Kentucky Area)
To provide general labor as assigned by the supervisor. May include building brattices, setting posts and roof supports, cleaning up walkways, hanging curtains, and other duties as assigned. Assists mechanics in performing equipment repair. Operate a scoop, roof bolter, continuous miner, and shuttle car. Operate mantrip.
Only applicants who have Coal Mining experience are considered for this position. If you do not have the experience, please view our website and apply for an Entry-Level or Trained Inexperienced position, if currently posted. Our website is www.murrayenergycorp.com
- Ability to rotate shifts on a 24/7 basis.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of mine management and co-workers.
- Ability to lift bags of rock dust and operate rock dust machine.
- Ability to perform heavy labor, including the ability to move bags of concrete, mandoors, wood cribbings, water pumps, and roofbolts.
- Ability to set posts and roof supports and clean walkways.
- Ability to hang ventilation curtain and install waterlines.
- Visually inspect work area for hazards.
- Perform methane checks.
- Ability to perform fill-in duties for other workers as necessary
- Able to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work approximately 400 feet underground 8-10 hours per day.
- Ability to lift floor-to-waist and waist-to-overhead.
- Ability to push/pull as needed.
- Standing, bending, step climbing, crawling, working overhead.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- KY Underground Miners training.
Excellent wage and benefit package available, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription plans; Basic Life/ADD Insurance, Optional Term Life and Optional Accidental Life Insurance, Sickness/Accident Benefits and Long Term Disability plans, 401(k) plan with 3% employer matching contribution, vacation and holidays.