Cook (Murray American Transportation, Inc.)
DescriptionResponsible for safely, efficiently and professionally provide balanced, nutritional meals and other foods for the vessel crew, to serve them in a timely manner, to maintain galley stores and supplies and to do so within the budget allowed. Adhere to all company policies and United States Coast Guard regulations. Prepare three meals daily to be ready at designated times (breakfast/lunch/dinner). Follow proper sanitation practices and food preparation standards. Maintain the galley (dishes washed, counters/cabinets cleaned, floors swept/mopped, etc.) Follow budget guidelines for food ordering.
- Transportation Workers Identification Credentials (TWIC Card).
- Work Safely and wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when necessary.
- Be available to work 7 days a week with 12 hours shift.
- ServSafe Certification.
- Good communication skills.
- Culinary and dietary skills.
- Extended meal planning.
Excellent wage and benefit package available, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription plans; Basic Life/ADD Insurance, vacation and holidays.