Entry-level and Expereinced Scraper Technician / Welder (Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio Areas)
Scraper Technicians will maintain and install conveyor belt scraper equipment in and around underground coal mines.
- Candidates that have strong backgrounds in welding and fabrication and are mechanically inclined, are preferred.
- Experience working with belt cleaning/scraper systems is not required but is preferred.
- The job will consist of weekly visual inspections, performing routine/preventative maintenance, as well as installing new or used conveyor components.
- Job duties will be performed underground and on the surface.
- Basic arc welding, torching, and fabrication skills are a must.
- Physical requirements of lifting 50 lbs. on a regular basis and the capability of moving 100+ lbs., is necessary.
- Those interested must have or be able to obtain all Federal and State underground and surface certifications and successfully complete industry approved training courses. Initial miner training will be facilitated by the company for selected candidates.
- Rotating shifts, weekends, and holiday work is mandatory.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer with competitive compensation and excellent benefits. Those individuals searching for a challenging and rewarding opportunity should apply.