Entry-level and Experienced Scraper Technician / Welder (Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio Areas)
Scraper Technicians will maintain and install conveyor belt scraper equipment in and around underground coal mines. The job will consist of weekly visual inspections, performing routine/preventative maintenance, as well as installing new or used conveyor components. Job duties will be performed underground and on the surface.
- Basic arc welding, torching, and fabrication skills are a must.
- Physical requirements of lifting 50 lbs. on a regular basis and the capability of moving 100+ lbs., are necessary.
- Those interested must have or be able to obtain all Federal and State underground and surface certifications and successfully complete industry approved training courses. Initial miner training will be facilitated by the company for selected candidates.
- Flexible schedule.
- Experience working with belt cleaning/scraper systems is not required but is preferred.
- The job will consist of weekly visual inspections, performing routine/preventative maintenance, as well as installing new or used conveyor components.
- Candidates that have strong backgrounds in welding and fabrication and are mechanically inclined, are preferred.
Excellent wage and benefit package available, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription plans; Basic Life/ADD Insurance, Optional Term Life and Optional Accidental Life Insurance, Sickness/Accident Benefits and Long Term Disability plans, 401(k) plan with 3% employer matching contribution, vacation and holidays.