Degas Drilling Technician (The Harrison County Coal Company)
A Drilling Technician for coal seam degasification is expected to do the following:
- Must work safely in the mines.
- Will be required to become familiar with the drilling rig and be able to do minor repairs.
- Must learn the art/science of horizontal drilling from senior drillers.
- Must learn how to lay and dismantle gas pipe lines and will be required to carry pipes short distances and load/unload them.
- Must be able to plug a borehole after it ceases to produce gas.
- In-house training will be provided to the new employee with the expectation of learning all functions of the job within 1 to 2 years.
- Must have a High School certification. Some College education is preferred.
- Must have completed the 80-hour class and possess a Red-Hat certification.
- Should be a “red hat miner” at the least. A black hat miner is preferred. Must abide by all Federal, State and Company regulations for health and Safety of mine workers.
- Any additional skill, such as welding, machining, electrical certification, knowledge of industrial hydraulics is preferred.
Excellent wage and benefit package available, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription plans; Basic Life/ADD Insurance, Optional Term Life and Optional Accidental Life Insurance, Sickness/Accident Benefits and Long Term Disability plans, 401(k) plan with 3% employer matching contribution, vacation and holidays.