Degas Drilling Technician (The Harrison County Coal Company)
A Drilling Technician for coal seam degasification is expected to do the following:
- Must work safely in the mines. Should be a “red hat miner” at the least. A black hat miner is preferred. Must abide by all Federal, State and Company regulations for health and Safety of mine workers.
- Will be required to get familiar with the drilling rig and be able to do minor repairs.
- Must learn the art/science of horizontal drilling from senior drillers.
- Must learn how to lay gas pipe lines and dismantle them and will be required to carry pipes for a short distance and load/unload them.
- Must be able to plug a borehole after it ceases to produce gas.
- Training will be provided to the new employee in-house with the expectation of learning all this in 1 to 2 years.
- Must have a High School certification. Some College education is preferred.
- Must have completed the 80-hour class and possess a Red-Hat certification.
- Any additional skill, such as welding, machining, electrical certification, knowledge of industrial hydraulics is preferred.
This company is an equal opportunity employer with competitive compensation and excellent benefits. Those individuals searching for a challenging and rewarding opportunity should apply.