Electrical Supervisor Trainee (The Harrison County Coal Company)
The underground Electrical Supervisor Trainee will perform under the direction of Managers and Electrical Maintenance personnel to gain competency and experience. Duties are directly related to electrical maintenance and supervisory activities, to ensure high availability and high productivity of underground mining equipment. Tasks include troubleshooting and maintaining complex electrical systems.
- An associate’s degree in or related to Electronic or Electrical Engineering Technologies or equivalent formal electrical training is preferred.
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Sound understanding of electrical theories (i.e. Ohms Law).
- Understanding and classroom training regarding of 3 phase electric.
- Understanding and classroom training regarding AC and DC motors and controls (VFD’s, DC Drives).
- Understanding and classroom training regarding automation (PLC’s, HMI’s) – programing is a plus but not required.
- Understanding and classroom training regarding relay logic, breakers, fuses, vacuum contactors, transformers.
- Day, Afternoon, or Midnight shifts are all possible.
- Willing to work in an underground mining environment.
- Positioned in a mine maintenance department supporting all underground electrical equipment.
- Physical requirement of lifting 50 lbs. on a regular basis and the capability of moving 100+ lbs., is necessary.
- Job duties will be performed underground and on the surface. Those interested must be able to obtain all applicable Federal and State underground and surface certifications and successfully complete industry approved training courses.
Excellent wage and benefit package available, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription plans; Basic Life/ADD Insurance, Optional Term Life and Optional Accidental Life Insurance, Salary Continuation and Long Term Disability plans, 401(k) plan with 3% employer matching contribution, vacation and holidays.