Staff Accountant (St. Clairsville, Ohio)
Local mining company seeks a motivated individual to work as an Accountant. This individual is responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting function of each operation assigned. This includes leading the monthly closing process, preparing financial reports and compliance with corporate policy and GAAP. Also includes the proper accounting for revenues and expenses, capital transactions, preparation of account analyses and the review of the daily/weekly/monthly financial statements. Preparation of mine-related tax returns, including but not limited to, sales and use tax, black lung excise tax, severance tax, and reclamation taxes, ensuring all are prepared in an accurate and timely manner. Assist with quarterly reviews, annual financial statement audit, production tax audits and royalty audits. Provide guidance/assistance to operations regarding budgeting, capital transactions and other accounting areas.
- BS/BA degree in accounting.
- 1-5 years experience in accounting and financial analysis.
- Understanding of internal control activities.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet, word processing, and e-mail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience with SAP
- 1-3 years accounting and financial analysis experience within the coal industry.
This company is an equal opportunity employer with competitive compensation and excellent benefits. Those individuals searching for a challenging and rewarding opportunity should apply.