Underground Mechanic (Harrison, Marion, and Monongalia County Locations)
Troubleshoot all underground coal mining equipment, hydraulics, electrical, conveyor systems, and diesel transportation units. Determine the type and extent of repair work needed on various types of mining equipment. Determine seriousness of problems and estimates time to make repairs. Obtain correct parts from warehouse. Interpret maintenance manuals parts booklets, work orders, blueprints, schematics and hydraulic/mechanical prints. Maintain/repair pneumatic equipment. Weld as necessary. Operate hoists. Perform work area housekeeping duties. Determine if work areas are safe. Observe all safety rules. Other duties as necessary.
Must be an experienced Coal Miner to qualify.
- High school diploma/GED and successfully demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- At least 2 years industrial maintenance experience.
- Must have valid Electrical Card.
- Must have WV Underground Miner Certification.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Must be willing to work a rotating shift schedule.
Excellent wage and benefit package available, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription plans; Basic Life/ADD Insurance, Optional Term Life and Optional Accidental Life Insurance, Sickness/Accident Benefits and Long Term Disability plans, 401(k) plan with 3% employer matching contribution, vacation and holidays.