Experienced Underground Mechanic (Lila Canyon Mine, UtahAmerican Energy, Inc.)
Must troubleshoot all underground coal mining equipment, hydraulic, electrical, conveyor, and diesel equipment and systems. Will determine the type and extent of repair work needed on various types of mining equipment and estimate repair times. Will obtain correct parts from warehouse and perform repairs. Must interpret maintenance manuals parts booklets, work orders, blueprints, schematics and hydraulic/mechanical prints. Responsible for maintaining and repairing pneumatic equipment. Will weld as necessary. Will operate hoists. Must perform work area housekeeping duties. Must observe all safety rules and keep work areas safe.
Coal Mining Experience
Only applicants who have Coal Mining experience are considered for this position. If you do not have the experience, please view our website and apply for an Entry-Level or Trained Inexperienced position, if currently posted. Our website is www.murrayenergycorp.com
- Underground Mine Experience is required.
- Ability to work rotating shifts and overtime as needed.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of mine management and co-workers.
- Ability to perform heavy labor, including lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Visually inspect work area for potential hazards.
- Perform methane checks.
- Ability to perform fill-in duties for other workers as necessary.
- Able to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Skills, training, and mechanical aptitude to perform the associated role responsibilities.
- Ability to work in an underground coal mine.
- Ability to lift floor-to-waist and waist-to-overhead.
- High school diploma/GED and successfully demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- 2 years Underground maintenance experience preferred.
- Valid Utah State Underground Electrical Card Preferred, or Credentials from Another State with Qualification to Obtain Utah Credentials.
- Meets State and Federal Underground Certification requirements.
Excellent wage and benefit package available, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription plans; Basic Life/ADD Insurance, Optional Term Life and Optional Accidental Life Insurance, Sickness/Accident Benefits and Long Term Disability plans, 401(k) plan with 3% employer matching contribution, vacation and holidays.