Experienced Underground Mechanic (Lila Canyon, Utah Area)
Troubleshoot all underground coal mining equipment, hydraulic, electrical, conveyor, and diesel equipment and systems.
Determine the type and extent of repair work needed on various types of mining equipment.and estimate repair times.
Obtain correct parts from warehouse and perform repairs.
Interpret maintenance manuals parts booklets, work orders, blueprints, schematics and hydraulic/mechanical prints
Maintain/repair pneumatic equipment
Weld as necessary
Perform work area housekeeping duties
Determine if work areas are safe
Observe all safety rules
Other duties as necessary
Underground Mine Experience is Required
- Ability to work rotating shifts and overtime as needed
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Ability to communicate with all levels of mine management and co-workers
- Ability to perform heavy labor, including lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Visually inspect work area for potential hazards
- Perform methane checks
- Ability to perform fill-in duties for other workers as necessary
- Able to work independently without supervision
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Skills, training, and mechanical aptitude to perform the associated role responsibilities.
Physical Abilities Required:
- Ability to work in an underground coal mine
- Ability to lift floor-to-waist and waist-to-overhead
- Ability to push/pull as needed
- Standing, bending, step climbing, crawling, working overhead
- Ability to communicate and receive communication and alerts effectively to perform duties and maintain safety
- Noise, dust, uneven earth surfaces, confined environment, varying temperatures
Equipment/Clothing Used to Perform the Job include:
- Work Clothes w/reflective material
- Work Boots with Metatarsal Guards
- Gloves, Hard Hat, Light, Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection, Light
- Self Rescue Kit
- Methane Detector with holder
- Mechanical Hand Tools
- Curtains, Hooks
High school diploma/GED and successfully demonstrate mechanical aptitude
Underground Experience Required
2 years Underground maintenance experience preferred
Valid Utah State Underground Electrical Card Preferred, or Credentials from Another State with Qualification to Obtain Utah Credentials.
Meets State and Federal Underground Certification Requirements
Must be willing to work overtime
We are an EEO/AA employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.r
We are an equal opportunity employer with competitive compensation and excellent benefits. Those individuals searching for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity should apply.