Coal Miner - Trained but Inexperienced (Harrison, Marion and Monongalia County Locations)
Underground Coal Miner - Trained but Inexperienced
A Coal Miner is a high paying well benefited job.
Overall Job Purpose:
The Harrison, Marion and Monongalia County Coal Companies are seeking hard working, motivated individuals interested in a career working underground in the coal industry.
*Must have completed Miner Training to qualify*
*If you have not completed Coal Miner training. Please apply for an Entry-Level Coal Miner position on our website, if posted.*
- Ability to work approximately 900 feet underground
- Ability to rotate shifts on a 24/7 basis and work overtime as needed
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Ability to communicate with all levels of mine management and co-workers
- Ability to perform heavy labor
- Visually inspect work area for potential hazards
- Perform methane checks
- Ability to perform fill-in duties for other workers as necessary
- Able to work independently without supervision
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks
- Strong attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- WV Experienced Miners Card preferred
- WV Apprentice Miner’s Card preferred
- At least one (1) year related experienced preferred but not required.
This company is an equal opportunity employer with competitive compensation and excellent benefits including health insurance, dental, vision, and 401k. Those individuals searching for a challenging and rewarding opportunity should apply.